Create your Own Security Group
Print this Article
Email this Article
Security groups in BigTime determine staffers’ access to firm information and BigTime features. By default, you have two security groups to pick from: “everyone” and “system administrator.” However, you can also create your own group, such as a “management” group or a “financial admin” group, with customized rights.
This article will show you how to create your own security group and add rights to it. Plus, we’ll show you how to delete a security group.
First, let’s create a security group and add rights to it. Follow the steps below.
- Click My Company...User Rights from your navigation bar.
A new window will pop up, and you’ll see your two default groups: “system administrators” and “everyone”.
- Click Add New Group to add a new security group.
A new window will appear, where you’ll title your security group and turn on user rights.
- Give your new group a name by typing into the text box at the top of the window.
- Add user rights to this new group. Do so by clicking on the + symbol and several options will appear. Toggle On any rights you want to add.
- Click Save to save your work.
Follow the steps above to add or remove a user right at any time.
Delete a Security Group
Say you created a security group for a special project, which has since ended. You can easily delete the group. Here’s how:
Navigate to your security group window (My Company...User Rights) and click on the group you want to delete. Click Delete Group at the end of the window. BigTime will prompt you with a question box, asking if you’re sure you want to delete the group. Click yes to delete it.