Frequently Asked Questions
Print this Article
Email this Article
Get answers to your most frequently asked questions about expense types.
- Can I submit vendor expenses with my reimbursable ones?
Yes, you can submit vendor expenses alongside your other expenses. However, when you post to QuickBooks, the expenses will post to the linked vendor account.
- What’s the difference between reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses?
Reminbursebal and non-reimbursable expenses pertain to employee expenses. Reimbursable expenses are paid back to the employee due to business costs they personally incurred. Non-reimbursable expenses are expenses that are incurred on a corporate credit card; the employee doesn’t receive any payment.
- What expense option do I select for reimbursable expenses?
You’ll choose “add expense” in BigTime when you create an expense report.
- Why can’t I find the vendor expense option in BigTime?
There are two steps to take in order to see the vendor expense type option. First, you need to activate this feature in Active Features, which is found on the My Company...My Company window. Second, you need to active the vendor expense user right.
- How can I tell if I’m entering a reimbursable or non-reimbursable expense?
When you’re ready to create an expense report, you’ll navigate to My Expenses (Time/Expenses...Expenses) from your navigation bar and click Add New Expense. Click Add Charge for non-reimbursable expenses or Add Expense for reimbursable ones.
You’ll also notice a difference in on the window where you’ll enter expense details. For non-reimbursable expenses, the top-most textbox will be a picklist to select a credit card.
- Can I submit an expense without selecting a project?
No, but you can submit an expense without selecting a staffer.
- Can I make the reference number column, “bill ref nbr”, required?
Not at this time. It’s an optional entry.
Where to Go from Here:
Was This Helpful?