Gantt Chart Options: Auto Save, Print, and Update your View
Print this Article
Email this Article
There’s a lot you can do with Gantt charts. This article covers some of the basic, but important, functions like automatically saving your data and printing it.
First, let’s get to a Gantt Chart, then we’ll explain some of your options.
- Click My Company...Project List from your navigation bar.
- Select a project from your Project List.
- Click Tasks on your Project Dashboard, then click Schedule. Your Gantt chart will look like this:
We’re going to focus on the top-right corner of your Gantt chart, and explain your options in this section.
Here’s what you need to know:
* Auto-save - Activate the auto-save functionality, so you can make changes and the changes are saved automatically.
That way, you don’t have to remember to click “save” each time you make a change. Simply click on the phrase, Auto-Save. It’ll turn green to indicate that it’s active.
* Search - Type in the information you’re after, and the relevant details will populate in the Gantt chart itself.
* Collapse All/Expand All - Collapse or expand your Gantt chart view. Collapse All means you only want to show tasks, and therefore you want to collapse all of your subtasks. Expand All means you want to expand your Gantt chart view to show all tasks and subtasks.
* Print - Click on the printer icon to print your Gantt chart.
* Gear - Click on the gear icon to add or remove fields from your Gantt chart window. A picklist will populate where you can make your selections.
Where to Go from Here: