Field Values: Contact Type
Print this Article
Email this Article
Use Contact Type values to distinguish the contacts you create in BigTime, like senior accountant or primary media contact.
This article explains how to create and/or edit Contact Type values. Plus, we’ll show you where to access this field in BigTime.
Add Contact Type Values
First, we’ll show you where and how to add Contact Type values.
- Click My Company...Field Values.
- Select Field Values...Contact Type in order to add and edit these values.
- Click Add New Value to add another value to your current list.
To edit an existing value, just click on it and make your edits on the right-side of the window.
- Add details about your new value on the right-side of the window.
- Click Save+New to save your work. Doing so will also allow you to add more values, if you wish.
Access the Contact Type Field in BigTime
You’ll find Contact Type when you create a new project contact in BigTime. Here’s how to get to it:
- Click My Company...Project List. This will take you to your list of projects.
- Click on a project listed on the left-side of your window.
- Click the Contact Info tab located on the gray navigation bar.
- Click Add Contact, on the right-side of your window, to add a new contact.
- Add a Contact Type value by clicking on the triangle under the field, Contact Type. A picklist will generate and you can select the appropriate value.
You can click on the hyperlinked phrase Edit these values to be taken directly to the location where you can add and edit Contact Type values.
Note: The Contact Type is different from Project Contacts, which define your billing and primary contacts. Click here to learn about Project Contacts.
- Click Save to save your work.
Where to go from here: