Edit a Time Entry on a Drafted Invoice
Print this Article
Email this Article
You’ve drafted an invoice but need to make changes to a time entry. It’s easy to make changes to input and billable hours, bill rates, task names, and more. This article will walk you through the process.
First, let’s get to a drafted invoice. Then, we’ll make some changes to a time entry.
- Click Invoicing...Overview from your navigation bar.
- Find the middle tile and click on the Drafts tab.
Then, click on the tile itself. This will take you to your Draft Invoices window.
- Click on a value in the Amount column. This will take you to the drafted invoice for a specific project.
- Click the Time tab on the drafted invoice.
- Click on a hyperlinked dollar amount under the Fees column.
- Make edits to the selected time entry.
You can change any number of fields. For the purposes of this article, we’ll add more input and billable hours for this staffer.
Note the message at the end of this window alerting us of the change to this particular invoice (with the invoice number and date).
- Click Save to save your changes.
NOTE: The amount in the Fees column will be updated when you return to your drafted invoice window.
- Click Recalculate Invoice Amount to do just that.
- Click save changes to save your work.
Where to Go from Here: