Make a Payment on your A/R Aging Dashboard
Print this Article
Email this Article
Learn how to make a payment from your A/R Aging Dashboard. It’s just another way to enter a payment. The difference is convenience: staffers can quickly and easily enter a payment without going into the invoice itself.
This article will show you how to get to this dashboard and how to make a payment from it.
- Click Invoicing...Overview from your navigation bar.
- Click on the A/R Aging tile, which is on the far right of your screen.
- Click Make Payment and a new window will pop up and you can add your payment details.
- Select the Client you’d like to enter the payment(s) for. All unpaid invoices for that client will populate. Notice in the image below we selected our client, Simon & Jones INC, and several invoices populated.
- Enter payment details. After you select a client, be sure to fill out the following fields:
* Select a Payment Type,
* Add a Reference Number,
* Adjust the Payment Date, if you wish, by clicking into the textbox and selecting a date from the calendar that populates, and
* Include Notes about the payment.
The amount displaying in the textbox under Total Amount will calculate based on the invoices you select on the lower-part of this window, which we’ll discuss next.
- Check the box next to each invoice you’d like to submit. You can adjust the payment amount in the far-right column by typing in the desired amount into the text box.
BigTime automatically calculates the total amount of the invoices you select. This number appears under Total Amount, near the top of your window.
NOTE: You can adjust the number that appears under Total Amount. The number you enter will adjust the amounts under “payment amount” in the invoices you selected.
- Click Save, and you’ll receive a confirmation of your payment.