Print this Article
Email this Article
In the event that you have duplicate task records and would like to consolidate all data to one place, BigTime offers a convenient merge feature. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to use it.
Merging Tasks: Step By Step
- Open the General Info tab of the task record you would like to move. You should have already decided on the "destination" task to which you’ll move this record.
- Select MERGE from the bottom left corner of the General Info tab.
- Choose the merge destination from the task picklist. If you use subtasks, the task group name will appear in green and all subtasks within the group will appear underneath in gray.
- Click MERGE TASK and confirm the move by selecting the YES button. Note that merging is an irreversible action.
- What information from the old task merges into the destination record? The merging function retains the time/expense data of the merged task and applies it to the task it was merged into.
- I would like to keep important notes on one of the tasks I’m merging. How do I ensure I am retaining the properties of the task I would like to keep? The merging order is important in order to retain the task notes and activity log of the task you would like to keep in the system. You should merge from the task you do not wish to keep into the task you would like to keep in order to retain information.
- Can I merge duplicate project data and include my task data along with that kind of merge? Yes, read Merging Duplicate Project Data for details on how to accomplish this.
- Is there a way to view merging history on tasks within BigTime? Unfortunately, merge history is unavailable and does not appear in the Activity Log for tasks. Because of this, it’s important to copy and preserve important data before completing any task merges.
- Can I delete a task? Yes, if you would prefer to copy data from one task record into another and delete one of the tasks, choose that option from the up arrow next to MERGE.
Was This Helpful?