Task Budget Status Notifications
Print this Article
Email this Article
Notify staffers with task budget statuses, so they know which tasks that need attention.
System admins can set up three levels of alerts, which are sent to team leads with the option of cc’ing staffers who aren’t part of the “everyone” user right group. Notifications are sent to staffers’ BigTime inbox. Staffers can also enable notifications to be sent to their email and/or Slack.
There are several notifications to choose from, but this article focuses exclusively on task-related ones.
- Click My Company...Notifications from the navigation bar.
- Check the box next to Budget Status Notifications.
- Click Edit Notifications.
- Click on the red triangle and a picklist will populate.
As you can see, there are several notification-types to choose from. For our purposes, we’ll focus on the last three task-oriented ones.
- Select a task notification type. Here’s what you need to know about your options:
* Task input charges update - team leads get notified when the input charge budgets for any task hits a specific threshold.
* Task input hours update - team leads get notified when the hourly budgets for any task hit a specific threshold.
* Task billable charges update - team leads get notified when the billable charge for any task hits a specific threshold.
The threshold amount is determined by the system admin, who sets percentages. Notifications are issued when the budget exceeds the set percent. This process is explained next.
- Edit your notifications. System admins determine the notification percentages (ie, 50, 75, and 100%), located near the end of the window. That way, team leads (and any cc’d staffers) get a notice when the task budget reaches the specified percent of the budget.
For example, “consulting task 1” has a budget of $10,000. The team lead will receive a notice when the task budget exceeds $5,000 (or 50% of the budget), $7,500 (or 75% of the budget), and $12,000 (or 120% of the budget).
WHERE TO GO FROM HERE: