Create Bi-Weekly Recurring Tasks
Print this Article
Email this Article
You want to create a bi-weekly recurring task, but you don’t see an explicit way to do this. Fortunately, there’s a workaround, and this article will show you what it is.
First, let’s get to the Task Editor for a project. Then, we’ll add a bi-weekly recurring task to it.
- Click My Company...Project List from your navigation bar.
- Select a project from your Project List.
- Click Tasks, on your Project Dashboard toolbar, then click Editor.
- Click on the white triangle next to Add Task, which is near the bottom-left of your Task Editor window. A picklist will populate and you’ll select Add Recurring.
- Click Daily, under the header How Often Should this Task Occur?, and fill out other tasks details. Be sure to include the start and end dates. You must include these dates in order to create a recurring task.
- Enter 14 in the textbox that populates to the right of Daily. This will cause the task to recur every 14 days, or bi-weekly.
Alternatively, you can choose Monthly and have the task appear twice per month. Say, for example, you want it to appear on the 1st and 15th of the month. Make your Start Date on the 15th of the month (ie, 2/15/19). Then, follow these steps:
- Click Monthly, under the header How Often Should This Occur?
- Check the box next to On the first of each month
- Check the box Every 1 month (starting on your start date)
See the image below.
- Click Save to save your work.
Where to Go from Here: