Create Custom Reports with Timesheet Notes
Print this Article
Email this Article
Do your employees enter notes on their timesheets? They should.
Here’s why: according to our 2016 study, timesheet entries with notes of 140 characters yield a 4.95% higher billing realization rate compared to those without notes. This means the small to mid-size US professional services market could increase billings by $35 billion just by adding on timesheet notes the length of a tweet.
You can create a custom report with timesheet notes to see if your staffers are adding notes to their timesheets. Then, read the notes they’re adding. You'll get a detailed look at how your staffers spend their time each day. This article will show you how to make a custom report with timesheet notes.
- Click Reports...Report Center from your navigation menu.
- Click on the magnifying glass, and then click on the hyperlink Create Your Report.
- Select Timesheet Detail, as your report type, and click Next.
- Select your columns. Be sure to add Notes as a column. Quickly find it by typing “notes” into the text box on the gray column titled Select Columns to Add.
- Other columns worth adding include:
- Revision/Rejection Notes
- Notes (User+Revisions)
- Notes+Audit-Log (Submission/Approval)
- Notes+Audit-Log (Final Submission/Approval)
- Notes+Audit-Log (Changes and Updates)
- Notes+Audit-Log (Complete)
NOTE: The “audit log” fields are only available if your firm is DCAA enabled.
- Click Create Report.
Now you can see what your staffers are doing and how they’re spending their time.