Activate Column Groups
Print this Article
Email this Article
Use Activate Column Groups to create headers above your columns on your customized reports. This optional feature helps keep your reports organized and easy to read. This article explains where to find and how to use this feature.
In the image above, “Hours” and “Charges” are the headers that we added by using the Activate Column Groups feature.
First, we’ll get to a custom report. Then, we’ll use the Activate Column Groups feature.
- Click Reports...Reports Center from your navigation menu.
- Click on the Magnifying Glass tile near the top of your window.
- Click Create your Report to do just that.
- Select the type of report you’d like to make when the new window pops up, and click Next.
- Add columns to your report.
Your window should look like the image below, once you’ve added your desired columns and before you activate column groups, which is what we’ll do next.
- Click on the hyperlink Click here to activate column groups.
- Click on a column to add a header by typing into the topmost textbox in the column. In our example below, we’ll add “Hours” as our header.
Remember to click Save in the column to save the header.
You can give adjacent columns the same column header. Notice in the image below that “Hours” spans the Input and Billable columns. Click on the arrows to expand or reduce the header size.