Assigning a Task to a Staffer
Print this Article
Email this Article
Assigning a Task to a staffer(s) ensures that each staff member knows what they need to take ownership of to ensure the completion of projects so that you can bill your clients and run a successful business. These tasks will show up on their task dashboard and you can setup alerts to keep them notified of these new assignments.
Who Can Assign Tasks?
In order to assign tasks to users, you will need to be set up as a manager or team lead in the BigTime system. Your system administrator will also need to grant you the security right in MY COMPANY...USER RIGHTS called “Act as a task/activity administrator.” Once you’re all set up, you can then follow the steps below to assign staffers to tasks.
Task Dashboard - Assigning Tasks
There are two areas in which you can assign tasks. The first being directly within the Task Dashboard. Your Task Dashboard may appear differently if you have different system lexicon. You can either assign a task on creation or set an assignment after creating all your tasks.
Assigning Tasks upon Creation
- Select Workflow...Task Dashboard from the navigation menu.
- Click ADD TASK. The “Assigned To” field is a picklist that allows you to select multiple staffers.
- Click ADD to create your Task with a staffer assignment.
Assigning Existing Tasks
- If you’ve already created a task, click a task name and assign a staff member directly from within the General Info tab.
- Click SAVE to apply your changes.
Bulk Assign Tasks
- Check off the Tasks you’d like to bulk assign on the Task Dashboard. Then click the Bulk Actions menu option above the Dashboard and select REASSIGN.
- Select the staffers you’d like to assign these tasks to from the drop-down menu.
- Click REASSIGN to apply your changes.
Project List - Assigning TasksSome project managers or administrators prefer to setup assignments directly from within the Project List when filling in a project’s details. You will need additional permissions to access this list and will also need to be granted access to the projects you may manage.
- Navigate to MY COMPANY…PROJECT LIST from the menu bar.
- Click on the name of a project from your Project List.
- Click on TASKS from within the selected project record.
- Edit an existing task assignment or create a new task and assignment. Here you have the option to click into an existing task or click ADD TASK to create a new task and assign the staffers to your task.