Create Team Leads and Add Them to BigTime
Print this Article
Email this Article
A team lead is a staffer with higher-level security rights who can access and approve timesheets, expenses, and budgets for staffers assigned to a particular project. It’s common to have at least one team lead for each project.
This article will explain how to:
- Create a “team lead” security group and add security rights to it,
- Add a staffer to the team leads security group, and
- Indicate that a staffer is a team lead on a project.
Create Team Lead Security Rights
Give team leads as many user rights as you’d like. In this section, you’ll learn how to create a team lead security group with specific user rights.
- Click My Company...User Rights and a new window with your security groups will populate.
- Click Add New Group, near the bottom of the window.
- Type the name of the security group in the text box at the top of the window.
- Click ON to add a right to the group. Remember, you can add as many user rights as you’d like.
If you’re unsure of a specific right, click on the question mark on the far right of the window and an explanation will appear.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Add a Staffer to the Team Lead User Right Group
Now that you’ve created a team lead security group, you can add staffers to it. Follow the steps below to learn how.
- Click My Company...Staff List.
- Select a staffer to add to the security group that you just created.
- Click on the User Rights tab located on the navigation bar.
- Check the box next to team lead.
- Click Save Changes near the bottom-right of your window.
Add a Team Lead to a Project
You have to add team members to a project before you indicate if they’re team leads. We’ll show you how to do both.
- Click My Company...Project List.
- Select a project that you’d like to add staff members to. Doing so will take you inside the Project Dashboard for that specific project.
- Click the Team tab, located on the gray navigation bar.
- Click the hyperlink Add a team member toward the middle of the window.
- Click the red triangle under the Staff Member column, and select the staffer who you’d like to add to the project.
We’ll add Sue’s project role and indicate that she’s a team lead by checking the box under the Lead column.
You can add multiple team leads to a project. If your project has ten staffers, for example, you may have two team leads, and each team lead can have different responsibilities. This is an easy way to adjust the workload for a project.
- Click Save Changes to save your work.