Create a Security Group with User Rights
Print this Article
Email this Article
Which BigTime features do you want your staffers to access? Answer that question by creating a security group with user rights. By default, you have two security groups to pick from: “everyone” and “system administrator.”
However, you can also create your own group, such as a “management” group or a “financial admin” group, with customized rights.
This article will show you how to create your own security group and add rights to it.
- Click My Company...User Rights from your navigation bar.
A new window will pop up, and you’ll see your two default groups: “system administrators” and “everyone”.
- Click Add New Group to add a new security group.
A new window will appear, where you’ll title your security group and turn on user rights.
- Give your new group a name by typing into the text box at the top of the window.
- Add user rights to this new group.
Do so by clicking on the + symbol and several options will appear.
Toggle On any rights you want to add.
Click on the question mark to learn more about a user right.
- Click Save to save your work.
Follow the steps above to add or remove a user right at any time.