Assigning Users to Security Group
Print this Article
Email this Article
Each user in your system can belong to one or more security groups, each of which has different rights. For example, our Management group includes rights to “view and manage any staffer” and “allow user to add projects.” Together, these groups and rights grant or deny access to different parts of BigTime.
You’ll want to add users to at least one security group, and this article will show you how.
- Click My Company...Staff List from your navigation bar.
- Click on a staffer’s name from your list of staffers. This will cause the Staff Dashboard for this particular staffer to populate to the right of the staffer names.
- Click on the User Rights tab.
A list of security groups will populate on this screen. This is where you want to go to add or edit user rights for individual staffers.
- Check the box(es) next to the security group(s) you’d like to add your staffer to.
- Click Save Changes to save your work.
NOTE: If the staffer is logged into BigTime, they’ll need to log out and back in before their new rights take effect. Also, note that the highest security level takes priority.
Where to Go from Here:
Need more details? Once you understand the basics, the articles below will take you a little deeper.