Cost Centers: Service Offering
Print this Article
Email this Article
Service Offering values in BigTime refer to the service a staffer offers. These values are like departments: a broad categorization of your staffers, like engineering or sales. They're often used for expense purposes, so expenses can be applied to the correct department.
In this article, we’ll explain how to create Service Offering values. We’ll also explain where you’ll use and apply these values in BigTime.
Create Service Offering Values
First, let’s access and create Service Offering values.
- Click My Company...Field Values.
- Click Cost Centers...Service Offering to create and edit values.
- Click Add Cost Center to add another value to your list. To edit an existing value, just click on the value you want to edit and make your changes on the right-side of the window.
- Add details about the newly added value on the right-side of the window. You can include the name of the value, abbreviation, and description.
- Click Save to save your work.
Now that you’ve created Service Offering values that are relevant to your company, we’ll explain where you’d use these values in BigTime.
Access Service Offering in BigTime
Businesses use cost centers to organize expenses and allocate costs. Service Offering is one cost center category where you can indicate the service, or department, responsible for an expense.
Add a Service Offering value on the Staff Dashboard. Follow these steps:
- Click My Company....Staff List.
- Select a staffer from your list of staffers on the left-side of the window. This will take you to the Staff Dashboard.
- Find the Cost Centers header near the bottom of the Staff Dashboard, and you’ll see Service Offering beneath it.
- Click the red triangle under Service Offering. Doing so will generate a picklist with the Service Offering values you created.
- Click Save Changes to save your work.
Tip: Quickly access add more values or make edits to Service Offering
Click on the hyperlink Edit these values at the end of the Service Offering picklist on a staffer’s dashboard. Doing so will take you directly to the location to add and edit Service Offering values.