How to View and Reactivate an Inactive Project
Print this Article
Email this Article
BigTime users often make projects inactive when a project is complete or on hold. This action removes the project from your project list. However, inactive projects can be viewed and/or reactivated. This article will explain both options.
View Inactive Projects
Say you have a question about an inactive project and need to access it. When you want to reference an inactive project, just follow these steps:
First, navigate to your list of projects by clicking My Company...Project List.
Then, check the dialog box near the top of your project list window. BigTime will automatically add your inactive projects to your project list.
Do you want to reactivate a project? We’ll discuss that action next.
Reactivate an Inactive Project
Say a client wants you to do more work on a project that you've completed and have marked as “inactive.” This is a good reason to reactivate an inactive project. Here’s what you do:
- Click My Company...Project List.
- Check the dialog box near the top of your project list window. BigTime will automatically add your inactive projects to your project list.
- Click on an inactive project from your list of projects. This will take you inside the Project Dashboard for this project.
- Find the Current Status field, near the middle of your window, and click on the red triangle. A picklist will appear and you’ll want to select a value under Active.
- Save your work by clicking Save Changes near the bottom-right of your Project Dashboard window.