Display Task Start Date in Resource Allocation
Print this Article
Email this Article
It’s easy to see when a task starts in Resource Allocation: a green line on your Allocation Dashboard indicates the starting period for a given task.
In order for this line to appear, you need to add a start date on the task itself. This article will walk you through the process.
First, we’ll add a task start date in the Task Editor. Then, we’ll look at the task start date in Resource Allocations.
Add a Task Start Date
- Click My Company...Project List from your navigation bar.
- Select a project from your Project List.
- Select the Tasks tab, and then click Editor.
- Click on the vertical trio of dots next to a task name and select Edit Task.
This will cause a new window to pop up.
- Click the Budget/Dates tab on this window.
This is where you need to enter your start and end dates.
- Click Save to save your work.
Repeat this process as needed.
See Task Start Dates
See the task start dates you just added by navigating to your Resource Allocation Dashboard.
Click the Allocation tab from the Task Editor.
Click Edit Allocation.
Now you can easily see when a task begins.