Create a New Custom Invoice Calculator Template
Print this Article
Email this Article
This article will show you how to create a custom calculator template and add it to your list of calculators. You’ll later use this calculator to create a custom invoice. In the image below, “T&M - deposit” is our custom calculator template, which we’ll re-create in this article.
- Click Invoicing...Configure from your navigation bar.
- Click on the Calculators tab.
- Click on the Create New button to generate a new invoice format. A new tab will populate, where you’ll need to make several selections.
Choose the type of invoice you’d like to create: Manual, Time and Materials (T&M), or Fixed Fee.
Select the terms for the invoice. The three terms you see in the image below -- retainer, deposit, and holdback -- are standard terms that everyone has access to. Each can be connected to a line item type within your accounting system. Any additional terms you create will populate in this section as well.
- Click Next to save your selections and continue.
- Click Next again on the next window that appears. For the purposes of this article, we’re simply creating the invoice template. Learn how to add line items in this article.
- Enter the name of your calculator, and a description. Then, click Save.
Now if you return back to your calculators window, you’ll see the newly added calculator as an option. We’ll use it when we’re ready to invoice our client.