Include an Internal Note on an Invoice for a Reviewer
Print this Article
Email this Article
With invoice review and approvals, the user who drafted an invoice can enter an internal note for subsequent reviewers to see -- before forwarding an invoice to review. This article will show you how to add this type of note.
First, let’s get to a drafted invoice. Then, we’ll add an internal note.
- Click Invoicing...Overview from your navigation bar.
- Find the middle tile and click on the Drafts tab. Then, click on the tile itself. This will take you to your Draft Invoices window.
- Click on a value in the Amount column. This will take you to the drafted invoice for a specific project. You’ll default into the Invoice Detail tab, which is where you want to be.
- Click on the Preview Tab.
- Type a note in the textbox located on the far-right column of your window.
- Click Forward to Review to kick off the review process.
Once the review process begins, the note will be visible to subsequent reviewers. However, the note will be read-only, and therefore the reviewers can’t edit it.
If the invoice is rejected, the user will then be able to edit the note before sending the invoice out for review again.
Now your window will look like this: