Add and Customize Assignment Notifications
Print this Article
Email this Article
Keep users in the loop. Send them a notification -- with a customized message -- when managers assign tasks. Or send a notification when they’re assigned to a project team.
This article will show you how to add and customize assignment notices for your users.
- Click My Company...Notifications from your navigation bar. You’ll be directed to the Notification Settings tab, which is where you want to be.
- Check the box next to Assignment Notifications to activate this feature.
- Click Edit Notifications.
A new window will populate where you can select your notification type.
- Click on the red triangle and select a notification type from the picklist.
Here’s what you need to know about these notification types:
Task Assigned - This notification alerts staff members when a manager assigns them a new task.
Project Team Assignment - This notification alerts staff members that they’ve been assigned to a project team.
We choose Task Assigned.
- Edit the notification message and/or subject line, if you wish. This is your opportunity to customize your notification. Or you can use the default verbiage as shown below.
- Click Save to save your work.
You can always change your notification selection or edit it in the future by repeating the steps above. Remove the notification all together by unchecking the selected notification (see step two).